Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Drainboard and "knowing the client"

1. Drainboard





So this is what went on the outside of the concrete wall over the spray-on waterproofing. It's a plastic honeycomb with a fabric on the outside to keep the dirt out. It allows any water to run down the face of the wall and then into the footing drain, thusly keeping the wall dry. Pretty ingenious.






2. Knowing the client


Earlier I mentioned that I put a sketch up on the fence for the neighbors to see what we are planning. Many people have been stopping by to check it out but I noticed one problem. People were turning their heads to view the drawings........................being the good architect I did the drawings with north facing up. The only problem is that when you are standing on the sidewalk you are looking.......you guessed it, south! Some quick re-lettering and cutting and pasting and I have fixed it up so it makes more sense. Gotta take care of the client ya know :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where advanced degrees and reality collide. I'll bet it took some of the kids from the elementary school to sort this one out :-)

Tatjee said...

Genius! I'll be 'round to have a look at that beautiful drawing... Sadly/unfortunately/definitely not by design, probably won't have time to stay and help out :: cough::

Kidding... Give me a call if/when you need an extra pair of hands!