Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Start of Roof Demo

I have pulled all the ceiling sheetrock down and filled over 70 large plastic bags full of loose insulation from the attic! Messy work and I am glad it is mostly over. Ian and I removed the front gable roof piece last week and Arne helped me remove shingles on the main house yesterday. Finally we had some nice dry weather! It went pretty well, especially considering there was two layers of shingles. I should finish removing shingles in the next day or so and then we will begin taking the roof structure down. Looking at the roof structure I see some great old material, 2x6-24' rafters that are basically clear and knot free! I am going to try and reuse most of it. You just can't get material like that anymore, it just doesn't exist.

Ramp to the front. We actually just wheeled the wheelbarrow right onto the roof to remove the shingles, Slick!

Back of the house with half to shingles gone

No comments: