Friday, December 5, 2008

Excavation Update

A long overdue update but here goes. My nephew Keith came by before Thanksgiving and gave me a hand with digging out the front and getting the roots of the pine tree out of the way. Then I had a few days off for the holidays. I think I had put in over 14 straight days of work so the break felt good. I spent the last week getting the back and front foundations roughed in and ready. I left myself way too much digging to be done manually. I thought about getting the tractor back for one more day but the labor is free so I just got stuck in. One week later I have everything roughed in for the new foundations. The soil for the most part is rock free and very sandy, perfect digging. Still there was a lot to do. I still have a little work to finish by the pine tree stump at the side of the drive but that should be done this weekend. Then I need to demo out the Living room ready for new foundations in that area.

PS Shoveling is not natural! Your back gets all twisted and your arms hurt, but not equally. I recommend massage and back adjustments! Both of which Tif has been taking care of for me. Remarkably I feel pretty good. Tired but good :-)

No comments: