Thursday, December 25, 2008

A White Christmas

When you were a kid snow at Christmas was the ultimate. Time off school, sledding, and of course easy traveling for St. Nick. As you get older we tend to see it more of a hassle and inconvenience. Especially here in the Northwest where the infrequency of snow combined with the hilly terrain, wet and icy conditions and minimal removal equipment spells difficult conditions at best. We have over a foot at our house and it was snowing pretty heavy all christmas morning. The white stuff has been around for over a week and it is now turning wet and much messier. The Audi handles the snowy conditions great as I have no problems getting around. I have minimized driving just to avoid the crazy drivers that are always out there but otherwise no problems.
On the house I fortunately just finished the footing/foundation work outside and I have now been working inside. I have to finish the back bedroom (sanding and painting) so we can move our bed back there. Then we will move the living room so I can demo out that area for the new foundation. My only concern with the weather is how all the snow melt will drain and affect the excavation. I can already see that I will have some digging cleanup to do but hopefully, if I monitor the conditions, it won't be too extensive.
Happy Holidays!
Tif & dp

No comments: