Thursday, November 6, 2008

Be Careful With Concrete! or Lesson 2

After much recent research I have decided that concrete is a dangerous material that needs to be treated with the utmost respect. One should be very careful where you use it because someday you might have to remove it................................and that is hard, backbreaking work! As you can see by the numerous piles of concrete around our house, the previous owners used lots of concrete. I have now demo'd two concrete rubble rockeries, numerous small slabs that were left under our wood deck, and one large and very thick slab that was for the hot tub. Next step removal. I think I will rent a tractor/back hoe since I can't envision pushing way too many wheelbarrow trips of heavy concrete up our steep driveway into the "next dumpster". Cheers for now, my hands are tired from jack hammering for 6 hours straight!






No comments: