Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Busy Day

So today I rented a front loader/back hoe, got a new dumpster for the concrete and got all the utilities marked out. Oh yeah and went to the dump this morning. The dumpster didn't arrive until 3pm so I spent the morning getting familiar with the tractor and figuring out how to get it into the back yard to pick up the concrete. It's a tight squeeze at the side of the house and I had to take down some of the fence but it worked out great. I figure one bucket load is like 4-5 wheelbarrow loads plus it would be very tough pushing the wheelbarrow up the drive and then into the dumpster, which is on the street. Much pain and suffering has been avoided! Tomorrow I hope to get all the concrete loaded up and start excavating for the footings. Look for some big changes soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look pretty at home on that back hoe Darren! I definitely see you wearing jeans and a hard hat to the "office" in the future.

Eric

dp said...

Now if I copuld just figure out how to pay myself better it would all work out :-)