Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tractor Time

Having the correct tool for the job sure helps! Renting the tractor was a wise move. I have already filled a 24 yard dumpster with concrete and have a second 12 yarder ready to go. That would have killed me to move by hand. The bucket and back hoe are great for roughing out the excavations for footings and foundations. I might not be the best at using it but it sure makes fast work moving the dirt around.

I decided I would move the lower rockery to save the rocks for future landscaping. While doing it I punctured the water main line! We had a little Lake Pollard for awhile :-) Actually I quickly shut off the water main wiht minimum leakage and patched up the line with Arne's help. No problem. It looked like the water line was sitting right below the bottom rock, at least within a few inches.
I will get some pictures posted tomorrow.

No comments: